Welcome to the 2019-20 Season.
Nippers is aimed at learning about Surf Life Saving and Surf Awareness through Surf Education programs, with an emphasis on participation and fun.
This is a great way to spend a Sunday morning at the beach. Not only will your child have fun and meet new friends, they will become part of an iconic organisation that has served the Australian community for over 100 years.
The nippers program will include surf swimming, surf safety, board paddling, board rescue, beach activities, and basic first aid.
Please download our Nipper Information Booklet 2019-20 to find out more about Tugun SLSC Nippers
Nippers runs on Sunday morning from 8:30 am to approx 11:30 am from September to March with some limited activities throughout the winter season.
- Commence: Sunday, 29 September 2019 from 8.00 am for 8.30 am start
- Christmas Party & last session before Christmas: Sunday 15 December 2019
- Resume: Sunday 12 January 2019
- Awards & Last day: Sunday 8 March 2019
Our nippers (from Under 8′s and above) can also participate in various life saving carnivals throughout the season.
For the more competitively minded, there is additional board, iron and run training offered during the week.
What to Bring
- Nipper caps and Pink Hi-vis rashies are compulsory for all Sunday Activities (these are purchased from the Club).
- Water Bottle, towel, hat/cap, and sunscreen.
- Club swimwear is available to purchase, but not compulsory.
We Need Your Help
All families are required to assist on Sunday mornings. Their are many ways you can support our club activities and your don’t even have to get wet:
- Assistance with the BBQ
- Beach set up and pack down
- Age managing
- Supporting the age manager
- Water safety
We welcome all help offered and there are many ways to volunteer and be involved with Nippers.
To Find Out More
- Download the Nipper Information Booklet – to be confirmed
- To out who your 2019-20 Junior Activities Committee are click here
- Competition information – to be confirmed.
For New members
Nipper Registration and Pool Evaluation Dates for the 2019/20 Season are:
- Saturday, 31 August 2019 from 1.00 – 3.00 pm @ Palm Beach Aquatic Centre
- Sunday, 8 September 2019 from 1.00 – 3.00 pm @ Palm Beach aquatic centre
New members can bring their completed registration forms along on the day to speed up the process. Download the member registration form here
Our nippers will also require a parent to register with the Club as well.
If you are unable to make a Nipper Registration day, you can still register by contacting the Club Office on ph: 5534 2888, line 2 or email email@example.com
Please note you will need to coordinate the children’s pool evaluation yourself using the sign off form downloaded from here.
For Renewing Families
Renewing families are strongly encourage to renew and pay their membership online via the SLSA Members Portal by clicking here
Instructions for the use of the SLSA Member Portal (including setting up your Family Group) can be found here
Renewing Families are reminded your children are reminded to complete the pool evaluation every year and you should attend the above sessions to have your nippers signed off.
- Please download the fee schedule here
- We accepted Get Started Vouchers
- Under 6: 01 October 2013 to 30 September 2014
- Under 7: 01 October 2012 to 30 September 2013
- Under 8: 01 October 2011 to 30 September 2012
- Under 9: 01 October 2010 to 30 September 2011
- Under 10: 01 October 2009 to 30 September 2010
- Under 11: 01 October 2008 to 30 September 2009
- Under 12: 01 October 2007 to 30 September 2008
- Under 13: 01 October 2006 to 30 September 2007
- Under 14: 01 October 2005 to 30 September 2006
- Under 15: 01 October 2004 to 30 September 2005
Every nipper will be required to undertake a pool evaluation each season, to ensure our nippers are safe when participating in water and beach activities.
To find out what is required please download the Pool Evaluations 19-20 form.
Please remember if you can not attend one of the registration days above, you will need to coordinate the pool evaluation at yourself at your local pool and have this form completed by the relevant person: Pool Evaluation Competencies