The patrol season will commence on Saturday, 18 September 2021, and ends on Monday, 2 May 2022.
A skills maintenance is required to be undertaken by all award holders (SRC, Bronze, ART, IRB drivers, IRB Crew and Observers) annually to keep your awards current.
Members must be proficient by December 31st each year.
Skill Maintenance will commence at 8.00 am in the Club “Waves” Function room and can be completed on one of the following dates:
- Sunday, 5 September 2021
- Saturday, 9 October 2021
- Saturday, 6 November 2021
- Saturday, 27 November 2021
- Sunday, 5 December 2021
If attending please bring swimwear, towel and high vis rashie
If you are unable to make any of these dates, please call or email the Club Administrator during office hours to discuss participating at another Club.
Members are requested to note the process for completing your proficiency will require the completion of both an online theory section and practical component.
Members can access their online theory component via the SLSA Members Area.
Guidelines to access and complete your theory component are as follows:
General information for Skills Maintenance eLearning
- Make sure you select the correct year (2021/22)
- Email your completion certificate to the Club Office or bring along on the day.
- It should take approx 30 minutes to complete
· Other Requirements
- Members must be financial for the 21/22 Season
- Hold a current Working with Children Blue Card
- Completed the CYRM (details below)
- Complete the SLS Children Safe Awareness Course (details below)
Child Youth Risk Management Module (CYRM)
- Safeguarding our children is of the highest priority for the Club.
- All members 18 years & over must complete the CYRM upon joining the club
- This short online course is part of the Child Risk Management Strategy and will take approx 15 minutes.
- Guidelines to locating and completing the CYRM module in eLearning are located here.
SLS Children Safe Awareness Course
- All members 18 years & over must complete the Child Safe Awareness Course
- This short online course is part of the Child Risk Management Strategy and will take approx 30 minutes.
- Guidelines to locating and completing this module in eLearning is located here.