The 2021/22 Season Sunday format will be as follows:
- The general structure commences at 8.15 am with welcome messages from JAC.
- Nippers will find their age groups from youngest to oldest along the fence line in front of the Surf Club.
- Age Managers will be ready to sign Nippers on from 8.30
- At 8.30am Nippers head to the beach under instructions from the Age Managers and their assistants.
- All nippers are required to have their high-vis pink rashie and nipper caps on from sign on until sign off.
- The normal nipper program will run from 8.30am until 10.30am.
- Some Points Days and Team Days may be extended.
Remember to the sunscreen, have your nipper cap; pink high-vis rashie on, bring a water bottle and wear a cap/hat. Listen to your Age Managers and stay with your Age Group.
It is the Nippers responsibility to carry their equipment to and from the beach.
Nippers must be signed off before leaving their age managers care, so we can ensure they have been safely collected by their parent/guardian.
Our focus is to ensure our nippers are learning Surf Awareness and are having fun whilst participating in organised activities.
- Activities will include surf safety, sun safety, stranger danger and basic rescue, resuscitation and first aid.
- Nippers is designed to provide an educational experience in a wide range of subjects and skills within the aquatic/ marine environment and to prepare junior members for eventual transition into beach patrols.
Point and Club Carnival Days
Point’s days provide the opportunity for the nippers to compete against their team mates, in order for points to decide the Age Trophies at the end of the season.
Where possible a point’s day will resemble a carnival environment.
Point’s days will be held 2 times throughout the season, with your best day counting towards the Age Champion.
To be eligible for Age Awards you must obtain
- 75% Attendance for the Season (this includes carnivals).
- The points system for carnival days have been structured as follows:
- 1st Place = 1 point
- 2nd Place = 2 points
- 3rd Place = 3 points
- 4th Place = 4 points
- 5th Place = 5 points
- 6th Place and onwards = 6 points
Events for carnival days have been broken into age groups, as follows:
- Under 8: Wade, Sprints & flags
- Under 9: Swim, Sprints & flags
- Under 10: Swim, Board, Sprints & flags
- Under 11 – Under 14: Iron person, Swim, Board, Sprints & flags