Director of Surf Sports
Rhyam Pankhurst | email@example.com | 0401 359 843
Tugun SLSC has a proud Surf Sports history and provides club members of all levels the opportunity to compete at Surf Life Saving carnivals across the state and nationally.
Surf Sports at Tugun Surf Lifesaving Club plays a significant role in enhancing the skills of our competitive members whilst patrolling our beach. We pride ourselves on having one of the most versatile surf sports programs in the country. With highly established water and boat sections and one of, if not the best nipper programs in Queensland, Tugun’s sports program is highly sought after by competitors, with beach, pool rescue and march past area’s growing each and every year.
We cater for all abilities and skill levels, ranging from beginners participating in the sport for the very first time, all the way up to individuals and team’s pushing for State and Australian medals. No matter what age or ability, Tugun’s culture is all about getting involved and having fun, promoting healthy lifestyles and building lifelong friendships.
You can train and compete in a range of areas and age groups from Juniors to Open and Masters levels, including swimming, ski paddling, board paddling, boat rowing, march past, pool rescue, champion lifesaver, R&R, beach sprinting and long distance running, and surfing. No matter your interests, we will have it covered and ensure you have the best possible experience.
To be eligible to compete in surf lifesaving carnivals, you must be a financial, proficient member who has completed the required patrol hours for your category of membership. In most cases, this is 25 hours (please see out lifesaving page for more details).
Our coaches are individually orientated and will help each competitor strive for to achieve their personal goals.
Our coaches are highly qualified and have all won numerous State and Australian Medals.
Tugun has some of the best facilities in the State.
With a fully equipped gym on the premises, Currumbin Creek and Palm Beach Currumbin Aquatic Pool only 2km away, as well as very challenging hills and quiet flat roads for extra aerobic fitness, we provide a great venue for your surf sports development and training
Senior Water (including U14 and 15’s)
- Head Coach: Kelly Margetts
- Monday 5.00 pm: Surf ski (bring shoes)
- Tuesday 5.00 pm- Board @ Creek
- Wednesday 5.00 pm – Iron
- Thursday 5.00 pm – Board (bring shoes)
- Friday 5.00 pm: Surf Ski
- Saturday 6.00 am – Iron
- Boat Captain: David Mitchell
- Sweeps: Brett Beutel, Stan Damro, Bruce Zillman
- Contact Club office for more training information
SLSQ State Champions
- 27, 28 & 29 March 2020,
- Alexandra Headland
- SLSQ Circular can be downloaded here
- Australian Youth Surf Life Saving Championships (U14 & U15), (North Burleigh): 18 & 19 April 2020
- Australian Surf Life Saving Championships Ocean Swim (Burleigh Beach):19 April 2020
- Australian Masters Surf Life Saving Championships (Broadbeach): 20 – 21 April 2020
- Australian Open Surf Life Saving Championships (Broadbeach): 22 – 26 April 2020