Director of Lifesaving
Tom Schneider | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Patrols generally commence mid-September each season
- Tugun volunteer members patrol on Saturday and Sundays between the hours of 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- There are 2 patrol times: 8:00 am – 12:30 pm or 12:30 – 5:00 pm
- Please remember to allow additional time before and after these times for set up and clean up.
- Members must be a financial and proficient members of the Club each season to undertake patrols.
- Remember to sign the patrol roster “sign in” sheet so your hours are recorded.
The patrol season commences 17 September 2022 and will finish on 1 May 2023.
- Limsoc is the patrolling app located on the Patrol Ipad and is used for patrol sign on/off, recording statistics and incident reports.
- From 1 November new upgrades are being undertaken, to enable members to sign on/off patrol, with the goal of becoming paperless, so it is really important you have access;
- To access Limsoc, you will need to first complete the training (Click here – LIMSOC 2021 Update);
- Attached is a 2021 LIMSOC User Guide outlining the new upgrades;
- The logon for training is your SLSA Member Area User Name and Password;
- If you completed last season, there is no need to do this again;
- When the training is completed, please advise the Club Office (email@example.com), so your access to Limsoc can be approved;
- To log into Limsoc on patrol you will need to use your SLSA Member Area User Name and Password.
- We would recommend you keep this handy, for easy reference during patrol.
Finding a Substitute
- Members can make use of the closed Tugun SLSC Patrolling Members Facebook group to find patrol swaps / substitutes
- Where possible remember to let your Patrol Captain know.
- General rule “the member who signs into the patrol log will receive the patrol hours”
Uniform and Gear
- Patrol Members must wear the correct Red and Yellow Quartered Cap, and patrol uniforms during patrol hours.
- Patrol uniform must not be worn outside of patrol times or in the licensed areas of the Club.
- Please remember to tag out any defective gear, and report the defective gear to the Director of Lifesaving or Club Office
- Designated patrol first aiders are requested to check the first aid kits at the start and end of each patrol, noting down any equipment used / to be replenished and clean any sand out of the kits.
- Designated Advance Resuscitation personnel are requested to check the oxygen kits at the start and end of patrol noting down any equipment used / to be replenished and clean sand out of kits.