Director of Lifesaving
- Patrols generally commence in September each season
- Tugun volunteer members patrol on Saturday and Sundays between the hours of 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- There are 2 patrol times: 8:00 am – 12:30 pm or 12:30 – 5:00 pm
- Please remember to allow additional time before and after these times for set up and clean up.
- Members must be a financial member of the club each season to undertake patrols.
- Remember to sign the patrol roster sign in sheet so your hours are recorded.
Patrol Hours report
- Patrol Teams as at 14 November 2019
- Patrol-Calendar 14 Nov 2019
- Patrol-Dates-times -Summary 14 Nov 2019
Skill Maintenance (Proficiency)
Patrolling members must undertake a skills maintenance each year to keep their awards current.
The dates for 2019-20 season (all sessions will start at 8.00 am) are:
- Sunday, 8 September 2019
- Sunday, 13 October 2019
- Saturday, 9 November 2019
- Sunday, 1 December 2019
- Saturday, 14 December 2019
This season the online proficiency can be completed via the SLSA Members Portal.
Guidelines for creating your SLSA Member Portal account are available from this link
Finding a Substitute
- Members can make use of the closed Tugun SLSC Patrolling Members Facebook group to find patrol swaps / substitutes
- Where possible remember to let your patrol captain know.
- General rule “the member who signs into the patrol log will receive the patrol hours”
Uniform and Gear
- Patrol Members must wear the correct Red and Yellow Quartered Cap, and patrol uniforms during patrol hours.
- Patrol uniform should not be worn outside of patrol times or in the licensed areas of the club.
- Please remember to tag out any defective gear, and report the defective gear to the Director of Lifesaving or Club Office
- Designated patrol first aiders are requested to check the first aid kits at the start and end of each patrol, noting down any equipment used / to be replenished and clean any sand out of the kits.
- Designated Advance Resuscitation personnel are requested to check the oxygen kits at the start and end of patrol noting down any equipment used / to be replenished and clean sand out of kits.